1. Personal Brand. You are your own personal brand and your headshot is your sign/label/logo. It needs to look good, well put together, and professional.
2. Professional online presence. With so much networking taking place online these days, a handshake isn’t always viable. Having a professional headshot gives the impression that you are professional, you are dedicated, and you are confident in your ability to get the job done.
3. First impressions matter. Your headshot may be the first thing people see regarding your business – whether online or on a business card. You need to look qualified and confident.
4. Stand out from the crowd. You are not the only one who does what you do. No matter what type of work you do – there is always someone else who does so, as well. That is why it is so important that you stand out from the crowd. Be original. Be professional. Be the difference.
5. High standards. Who wants to show themselves professionally with a selfie? What does this photo state to your potential clients or employers? Selfie photos are for personal social media sites – not the workplace. A professional headshot speaks volumes about your high standards. It shows that you go above and beyond to get the perfect picture and speak the perfect image. You were willing to take the time to do things right, rather than grabbing an old photo on your phone of you at the concert you went to last week. You took the time to create an appointment, attend it punctually, and purchased the professional headshot so that you can brand yourself in the proper, confident, competent manner.
6. Get that job interview or audition. A professional headshot can give you a chance to prove your capabilities just by the poise displayed in the photo. You will exhibit strength and sureness of yourself and your abilities. This gives you a better chance at grabbing the attention you need to get your foot in the door for that interview or audition. Don’t be just another number!
7. Get a self-esteem boost! We all need to feel good about who we are and what we do. Having a headshot photo session will make you look your best which will, in turn, make you feel your best. And what happens then? Your confidence and self-esteem will soar.
Now that you know why you need one – schedule your professional headshot photo session today!