Financial Advisors usually spend much time at the office handling the monetary needs of their clients. Whether it is stocks and bonds, insurance decisions, tax laws, or virtually any type of investment, a Financial Advisor must look at the situation in whole to make the best decision for the long-term financial success of his or her client. In other words, you need to make sure that your client can trust you.
When you meet someone in a business relationship online, what can you use as your firm handshake – the one that says, “I’m confident and can take care of your investments as if they were my own?” - Your headshot!
Your headshot can either draw in clients or send them running. Therefore, having a professional headshot is so important. After all, who would you trust more with your financial assets – the one with the selfie photo on a surfboard? Or the one with the professional headshot?
Your headshot is your key to branding. It appears on your business cards, your social media profiles, the very important networking site LinkedIn, etc. When it comes to Financial Advisors, trust is a must. Many in this position receive referrals from others within their network. If you present yourself well and do your job with confidence, you will go far.
Now that you see how important a professional headshot is, let’s look at a few tips that will help you achieve the image you desire to portray:
- Dress with confidence. For men, dressing in a solid, classic, dark-colored business suit tends to work best. For women, solid, dark colors in a shirt or suit-coat will work well.
- Avoid bright colors. Unless your company is known for a particular bright color, try to keep your headshot more mellow. For example, you can never go wrong with blacks, browns, grays, etc.
- Avoid big jewelry. It is definitely ok to wear jewelry, but keep it to one large piece. When in front of the camera, a little goes a long way.
- Avoid big patterns. While they may look great in person, they don’t do so well for the camera. Stick with solids.
- Plan. Make sure you do any prep work in advance of the headshot photoshoot. For example, sunless tanning, waxing, shaving, hair dying, etc.
In short, it is the way you present yourself that is going to help you succeed in your career. People are attracted to those who are poised, confident, charismatic, and bold. Let your corporate headshot show off your top qualities!
Visit BOOK NOW page to schedule your Headshot Session with Valentina Sadiul Photography. For more information contact at ValentinaSadiul@gmail.com or call 415.400.9212