• Choose solid colors and prints, as they convey professionalism and directness. Patterns that are too “busy” can be distracting, and can detract from the refinement you’re selling.
• For women, consider a jewel-toned blouse in a flattering color. The subtle splash of vibrance will distinguish you, yet will still remain appropriate with the right business attire. For men, pay attention to which business suit-cut is on trend. Clients are likely to avoid someone with an outdated suit, which suggest an inability to keep up with the times.
• Opt for one upscale accessory in your headshot: a luxury watch or a classic necklace. This will show that you have a profitable business that you are secure about. Too many adornments suggest you are desperate to prove yourself.
Also remember to:
• Work with a skilled hair and makeup artist for your headshot in order to showcase your best self. It is advisable to have smoothed (not tousled or heavily styled) hair, which implies a commitment to professionalism.
• Maintain a friendly but assertive demeanor. Focus on looking attentive to a client needs, yet relaxed.
• Have 2-3 additional headshots prepared in addition to your primary real estate headshot. These will add variety to your potential publications and blog posts, as well as keep your social media content “fresh” and attractive to clients.